Paypal Error 601- Your payment can’t be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again
Question for Paypal Error 601:
- When I try to check out after clicking buy it now, a screen comes in that tells metl log into PayPal. Keep in mind I’m on a cell phone, not a comp when doing it. Anyways, when I put info in to PayPal, it says cannot process at this time error 601… I can log into PayPal just fine through the app. PayPal is confirmed and there is money in it… Any ideas?
“Your payment can’t be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again.”
This rather unhelpful Paypal error is coming up in a few of my stores upon completion of checkout. But not at all consistently. Some stores seem to be fine, others give the error. Even worse, they only give the error for some people, not others.
I can’t complete checkout but my partner can, for instance.
All the store settings seem to be correct, all the sellers have longstanding paypal accounts in good order. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this or where to go to correct it.
Answer for this paypal error
If you are a PayPal Standard (Personal, Business or Premium) user and you receive the following PayPal Error:
You may need to follow these steps to remedy the situation:
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Click ‘Profile’
- Click ‘More Options’
- Select ‘My Selling Tools’
- Click ‘Block Payments’
- Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
- Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
- Click ‘Save’
Here is a screen capture of what Payment Receiving Preferences screen looks like:
This should solve the problem!
If you’re a buyer so you should be fine. Just talk to your seller ask them to fix it. you can give him link to this website for him to edit Payment Receiving Preferences
If you know any other method to fix this paypal error 601, please post comment below to help others. Thanks